Thursday, September 1, 2011

My experience as a student in America thus far

                               
         One of the resources to learn the difference between two things is the experience. And as I am study here in America, I want to share with you my experience as a student in America thus far to learn the difference between American and Saudi classes.
         In America's classes I had a chance to meet students from non-Arab country. I have friends from Korea, China, Japan, India, Brazil and America. I learned a lot of information about their cultures and religions which I never know it before. I learned about Christianity and what they believe in Jesus. Farther more; I learned about some Chinese and Japanese special celebrations. What impressed me are the different meanings of colors in each different country, for example: the yellow color means the power in Chinese culture, when it does not have any meaning in my culture. While I am studding here in America, I believe it is a good time to correct the idea about Muslim student, by making them see how I am really and how I communicate with them.
           In my country we have alot of Arabian students, but we never had non Arabic students in our classes; the reason behind that is the language. In our schools we study using our language which it's Arabic, but non Arabic students do not understand it. So, they have private schools to teaching them using their language. For that I just met students who had the same culture, language and religion as me. In my view; I believe the studying experience will not complete without study using the country host language.  

No comments:

Post a Comment