Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What I learned during this class

       As an International student taking ESL program in USA, I have many classes during this semester; for examples: reading, writing, grammar and communication skills. Those classes are helping me to learn English as a second language. For my grammar and writing class I learned many rules to make me a better speaker and a better writer.
To be a better speaker you should use a correct grammar in your speak or people will be confusing and becoming unable to understand you. My favorite part on the grammar class is when my teacher mix the grammar with the writing, and ask as to write an article about specific topic then post it in our blog; it makes me proud of myself and try hard to write a good article. However, I did not feel like this in the last month. Because either my teacher or my class meet did not read my blog any more. Why I should write anything on the blog when no one will read it! How can I know my weakness and my strengths if I do not have any feedback! I was wish if Ms. Tamarra -my grammar and writing teacher- sent me her feedback of every article I wrote it, she is my teacher and she is the person who I am looking for her direction. On the other hand, Ms. Tamarra gives us a chance to read each other articles from time to time. We read them on the class and every student at the class has enough time to say his opinion of the article. Then we should rewrite this article and send it again.
This way of teaching is successful, I hope the new student who will take this class have a chance to learning using this idea.  And I hope they try hard to study the grammar, because the grammar is the golden key to speak and write any language successfully. 

3 comments:

  1. Nidaa you are correct. We as a class stopped responding to each other's blogs with the same frequency that we did in the beginning of the semester. I will be sure to pay special attention to this next semester.
    However, keep in mind that the blogs were a way for students to write and write frequently. It was not my intention to give you feed back on every single blog but for you as a student to see how your writing has developed from the very 1st blog to the very last blog. I hope you continue to Blog even though the class has ended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nidaa, I realized that I answered your concerns in my previous post, but did not say goodbye. I will miss you brilliant smile. All the best to you as you work toward the completion of your Master's degree. AsSalaamu Alaykum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Thanks Tamara for everything.
    You are not just my teacher, you are one of my best friend, you help me a lot out of class.
    I will never forget you.

    ReplyDelete